Surveillance Investigation is a close observation of a person, place or object. It is the practice of watching a subject in order to document their activities and whereabouts without that person knowing. The investigator must be able to do his/her job discreetly.
Important factors for a Surveillance Investigation:
It is important for the Surveillance investigator to know the area where the Surveillance Investigation is to take place. The investigator should know the streets, freeway entrances, surrounding businesses and the layout of the area. This is especially important in large living complexes such as apartment buildings, commercial buildings and condominiums.
There are several types of Surveillance:
• Static: Static Surveillance Investigation is also called stationary. This is when the surveillance investigator stays in one location to conduct his Surveillance Investigation.
• Criminal: Criminal Surveillance Investigation is watching for possible criminal activity which includes but not limited to, employee theft, falsely reporting a workers compensation injury, vandalism and much more.
• Electronic: Electronic Surveillance is the monitoring of a home, business, or individual using a variety of devices such as CCTV, cameras, digital video equipment, audio-visual and GPS devices.
• Mobile: Mobile Surveillance is the process of following a person most commonly known as following someone in a vehicle. This type of Surveillance can be extremely difficult because the investigator has to deal with traffic conditions, following the laws of the road and not being discovered by the person being investigated.
• Child Custody: Child Custody Surveillance Investigations consists of watching a child visitation. Usually this is when one parent hires a surveillance investigator to watch their child’s visitation with another parent. There are many factors as to why a person would want or need a child visitation to be monitored by a surveillance investigator. Some examples are: Is the child being left alone at home when the other parent is working? Is the child being cared for by someone other than the parent that has visitation? Are there Court orders that prohibit the non-custodial parent of conducting certain behaviors during child visitation?
• Domestic: The most common domestic surveillance investigation is infidelity. Although California is a no fault State and you cannot bring evidence of infidelity in to the Court Room, many individuals need to have proof so they can have closure and peace of mind. Our surveillance investigators use a variety of techniques that include covert cameras to establish whether a person is committing infidelity.
Surveillance Investigation can be a difficult task, that’s why Medrano & Associates is your answer. We are highly trained in surveillance with over 20 years of experience both in the private sector and from our time in Law Enforcement.
Contact us today for a free consultation. (619) 487-9636 or email me at email@example.com